I’ve been wanting to make something using a pineapple pattern and I’ve been wanting to make a spring sweater (or something) that covers my hips…. and I needed to make something “grey” for the Awards… so
since it’s hard to find a pattern for “my” size, I decided to just make it up as I went along.
I estimated the number of stitches I would need, based on the pineapple diagram that I found and the required diameter.
I created a centre “base” section that would divide the bodice from the bottom pattern; I then did the pineapple section … I had the stitches “almost right” but adding a little side panel, for a few stitches it all worked out well.
Next I started working upwards for the bodice, making some increases in the front and leaving the back “as is”.
By holding it up as I went, I estimated arm holes, neckline etc.
It’s not bad… I could have made the arm hole area smaller, but it works. Not bad for not knowing what the heck I was doing.
(oh and sorry about the quality of the photo but we didn’t have electricity this morning so the room was fairly dark)
Yarns: red heart comfort
Debbie (life & crocheting have a lot in common: it's all about one stitch at a time.)